Last Friday I had the pleasure of attending Indiana Repertory Theatre’s production of The Hound of the Baskervilles. My parents are super fans of Sherlock Holmes and we all enjoy a mystery and a night at the theater.
If you haven’t seen The Hound of the Baskervilles- here’s a brief synopsis:
The Hound of the Baskervilles (from IRT)
“Join Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson as Baker Street’s fabled detective duo investigate a deadly threat to the heir of the Baskerville estate. Will Victorian London’s keenest mind deduce the source of the monstrous mongrels before they claim another victim? Family secrets, haunted hounds, romance, and mysteries abound in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s timeless tale of supernatural suspense.”
We had such a fun time and it was such a treat to see Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson right here in Indianapolis!
Sherlock Holmes (Marcus Truschinski) and Dr. John Watson (Matthew Brumlow), photo provided by IRT.
Let’s talk about 5 reasons why you should see The Hound of the Baskervilles.
1. It’s Indiana Repertory Theatre. It’s been in Indy for 40 years and is one of my favorite places in Indianapolis. I remember seeing shows here as a kid. It’s lovely inside and there aren’t too many seats, so there’s not a bad seat in the house.
2. Skilled Actors. I’m always so impressed with the casts at IRT. See a show at IRT and you’ll see professional actors with long lists of credits. They’re good. Really good. I thought the entire cast did an awesome job- but I was impressed with Marcus Truschinski (Sherlock Holmes) and Matthew Brumlow (Dr. John Watson). They were both faithful to the characters but added their own spin and humor, which I appreciated.
3. Special Effects. I didn’t think that I’d be “wowed” by the special effects in a play. I was. I jumped a few times and loved how they made it seem like the audience was right there in the train station or … well, you’ll just have to go to the show to find out. Well done!
4. A Wonderful Introduction to Sherlock Holmes. Interested in knowing a bit more about Sherlock Holmes? Or is this your first time seeing Sherlock Holmes? You’ll enjoy this production of The Hound of the Baskervilles which highlights Sherlock Holmes’ brilliance, charm, humor, and quirks (just the way Holmes is).
5. The Plot’s the thing. The Hound of the Baskervilles is an ideal mystery. There’s plenty of history, interesting characters, and some of them are not what they appear to be at first meeting. Intrigued? Yes, well then, you’ve got to go see it for yourself!
photo provided by IRT
The Hound of the Baskervilles is at IRT through March 15. Adult tickets start at $25. You can order tickets at irtlive.com or call 317-635-5252. Don’t miss out on the chance to see this fantastic show at IRT.
*Disclosure: I received tickets to attend The Hound of the Baskervilles. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I’m a longtime Sherlock Holmes fan and wanted to tell you all about a must-see show at IRT.*
Have you seen IRT’s The Hound of the Baskervilles? If so, I’d love to know your thoughts. Leave me a note in the comments section. Thanks!